Thursday, January 19, 2012

CDO & ADDH

This last week I've been trying really hard to organize rooms and clean out Crap we have in the space that will become the babies room. Man these are those days when I wish I was medicated or had someone standing over my shoulder keeping me moving in the proper direction. Now I know many of you will read this and think "What's the big deal clean the dang room" I only wish my days were that simple. Let me enlighten you a bit.


Task at hand: Organize baby room for painting


I enter room and begin to tidy up things I notice the box of ribbon I own, while cleaning up the ribbon and putting them in the briefcase I have to store them in I notice a plastic container that needs to be put back down stairs. I then proceed to take said container down stairs upon putting it back in the cabinet I notice how completely disorder it is and decide it would be much more helpful to organize this while I am here. I then begin dragging out all the dishes and containers held in said cabinet. This in turn leads to finding a bowl that is more of a mixing bowl then a cereal bowl and when I proceed to put it in the area it belongs I am unhappy with the organization and redo that cabinet as well. This in turn has taken up on average 3 + hours from my days. This does NOT include the laundry I am trying to keep going, the front room I have picked up and the trash I might of gotten take out. I find by the time Caylon comes home from work that I have redone the entire kitchen cabinet layout and moved EVERYTHING into new places that I for the time being think better serves us. (I will redo things about 2-3  weeks later because I don't like the functionality of it). 

So her is what my house now looks like. 
Baby's room- simply has had the ribbon organized
Kitchen- entire new cabinet layout
Front room- toys put away  (yet to be vacuumed or dusted)
Laundry- 2 loads washed but simply stacked on top of folding table ( to sit there a few days)

PURPOSE FOR THE DAY- To simply ORGANIZE Baby's room to make ready for painting and building shelves


Purpose achieved- HECK NO!


I know this doesn't sound like the frustrating mess I may of made it sound like, but for me someone with CDO & ADDH (OCD &ADHD). When I look back at the list I had made for myself and thing things that haven't been checked off it is at times devastating. I see so many Facebook status' from other mothers listing the many and I mean may things they have done that day and all I was able to accomplish was organizing and rearranging the inside of the kitchen cabinets! 

It drives Caylon crazy sometimes, because I can spend hours redoing something he sees as completely fine but not manage to spend time on things that as he says (see) when they come over.

For instance now, I had this awesome thought to come upstairs and Google the entire series of THE BAILEY CITY SCHOOL KIDS to try and find a list of every book published for Ri~Lee. What happened when I sat down I noticed a cup sitting on the computer desk took it down stairs washed it, picked up the toys in the kitchen took them to their rooms then noticed some pens in Ri~Lee's room that needed to comeback upstairs. So here I am frustrated with my 1 1/2 hour walk through he house I sat down and wrote this blog about it. Guess what I still haven't searched for the book, in fact until I started this paragraph I had completely forgotten the reason for sitting at this computer. I just happened to look up and see one of the books sitting in front of me and  in the words of GRU 9from my favorite movie) LIGHT BULB ~ I am supposed to be doing something else. 

UGH! I expect  no one to actually relate to this post, I was just incredibly upset with myself even when I whole heartily put forward an effort to accomplish something truly needed during the day and after hours I have zero to show for it..

0 comments: